Hello my beauty lovers!
I have some super exciting things to share with you in this blog. First of all, URBAN DECAY HAS BEEN RELEASED AT MECCA MAXIMA IN AUSTRALIA! This is sooooo exciting for us beauty obsessed freaks because before we could only get UD online..oh 1st world problems. So I went in to Mecca Maxima in Joondalup and picked up the Urban Decay Electric palette ($70AUS) as well as the All Nighter Setting Spray ($44AUS). I’ve had my eyes on the Electric palette for months, so it was a happy day. Below is a quick review and swatch of the palette, and then 2 eye shadow looks along with pictures and a step-by-step description of how I accomplished them.
Review
I have some super exciting things to share with you in this blog. First of all, URBAN DECAY HAS BEEN RELEASED AT MECCA MAXIMA IN AUSTRALIA! This is sooooo exciting for us beauty obsessed freaks because before we could only get UD online..oh 1st world problems. So I went in to Mecca Maxima in Joondalup and picked up the Urban Decay Electric palette ($70AUS) as well as the All Nighter Setting Spray ($44AUS). I’ve had my eyes on the Electric palette for months, so it was a happy day. Below is a quick review and swatch of the palette, and then 2 eye shadow looks along with pictures and a step-by-step description of how I accomplished them.
Review
First off, I am obsessed with the packaging. It’s bright and colourful,
yet classy. It comes with 10 shades, which mostly haven’t been seen
before. It also comes with a double-ended brush, which is good for packing on
colours on the lid. The palette is extremely versatile, as I played around with colours on the eyes, lips and cheeks.
Shade breakdown
Shade breakdown
- Revolt- Shimmer/glitter silver, very pigmented and creamy, great colour payoff and blends easily.
- Gonzo- Slight shimmery electric blue, not as pigmented as the other shades, okay colour payoff, blends easily, very slight stain on the skin.
- Slowburn- Slight shimmery bright orange, pigmentation is okay, colour payoff is great.
- Savage- Bright matte pink, not very pigmented, quite powdery on the skin, blends easily.
- Fringe- My favourite colour in the palette! Beautiful shimmery/glittery dark green, insanely pigmented and creamy, amazing colour payoff and blends perfectly.
- Chaos- Matte dark blue, great pigmentation, creamy texture, good colour payoff and blends really well.
- Jilted- Beautiful satin fuchsia pink, amazingly pigmented, creamy and smooth to touch, beyond perfect colour payoff and blends beautifully.
- Urban- Stunning satin dark purple, amazingly pigmented, creamy and smooth just like Jilted, perfect colour payoff and blends ahhhh-mazingly!
- Freak- Glittery apple green colour, good pigmentation with great colour payoff and blends well.
- Thrash- Glittery greeny yellow shade with good pigmentation, the colour payoff could be better, blends away nicely.
Eye shadow looks
Prep and Prime: Prime lids with Mac Prolong wear concealer and do your brows
as you wish.
Apply NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk all over the lid and
blend slightly with your finger. This helps the colour go on as bright as
possible. Lightly apply a transition shade through the crease, I used the naked
shade from the naked 1 palette, but any colour a few shades darker than your
skin tone will do. This helps to blend out the other colours easier.
Look One - Purple Haze
Apply Revolt on the inner corner of the lid using a small tapered brush
such as the Zoeva 230 Luxe Pencil brush. Using any dense flat brush such as the
Sigma F70 concealer (its great for packing on shadows) apply Jilted all over
the lid.
Apply Fringe to the outer corner of the eye, packing on lots of colour
with a dense flat brush such as the Sigma F70 concealer brush.Using the same brush, wipe the previous shade off and apply Freak on to the middle of the lid, and blending into fringe slightly. With a fluffy brush such as a Sigma E35 tapered blending brush, pick up a small amount of your transition shade and run that through the crease to help blend the bright shadows out. You don’t want a harsh line where the eye shadow starts!
Using a small pencil brush apply Thrash on the inner corner, and a very small amount of Revolt on top of Thrash. Apply a very small amount of Chaos on the outer corner of the lid, just on top of Fringe and blend slightly towards the centre of the lid.
Using an eyeliner brush (I love my Zoeva 315 Fine Liner) and some white gel liner such as the Napoleon Perdis China Doll Gel Eyeliner in Yang, draw a thin winged liner just above the lash line. Curl your lashes and apply your favourite mascara, along with some gorgeous dramatic lashes (I used the Eylure Dramatic 202’s). Then apply some black liner in the tight line (upper waterline).
For the lower lash line, you want to apply Fringe on the outer corner, Freak in the centre and a tiny bit of Thrash to join to the inner corner of the eye. Blend the edges of the eye shadows with your transition shade and apply some mascara to the lower lashes. Finally, apply some white liner in the waterline and you’re ready!
Your examples are sooo incredible! I loove love the green with the white liner! <3
ReplyDeletehey Katey, how do you afford such great quality makeup? They seem so great to work with, but I'm so broke and I don't know where to start off.
ReplyDeleteYour blog is great, I'll definitely get my friends to check it out <3 xx