Monday, 2 March 2015

February Favourites

Happy March my beauties!

I can't believe we are in the beginning of March already, this year is flying by. I know thats like an obligatory thing for beauty bloggers to say..but it's so true! Over February I've discovered some products that I absolutely love, and some products I've had for a while that I've noticed myself reaching a lot for. So let me show you what I've been loving during February :)

Makeup
     Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit - A beautiful kit from my favourite makeup brand. This kit contains 3 highlight shades (Vanilla, Banana, Sand) perfect for setting concealer and highlighting the face. There are also 3 contour shades (Java, Fawn, Havana) which are amazing for creating shadows on the face. My most used shades are Banana and Fawn. All shades are extremely pigmented and creamy. They don't feel powdery on the skin and blend out naturally, but can be built up to create a strong contour. 
*$80 from BeautyBay.com*
     Josie Maran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon (medium 2)- On the topic of contouring, I actually use this concealer stick as a cream contour. I use it to start off my contouring on top of my foundation and blend out for a natural look, and if I'm after a stronger contour I'll go in with my ABH Contour Kit on top. This product is extremely creamy (as it implies), pigmented, blends amazingly, and lasts all day. It also doesn't cake or gather in places on the skin.
*$25 from Mecca Maxima*
     Nars Audacious Lipstick in Marlene - These lipsticks are beyond perfection and I want them all haha. They are creamy, pigmented with great colour payoff and last a long ass time. 
*$44 from Mecca Maxima*
     Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Punjab - This foundation ahhhhhh is amazing. It is an oil-free, 16 hour wear, weightless foundation which does all it promises to deliver. I won't say too much about this foundation as I do have a blog review coming out this week about it, so keep an eye out for that. 
*$64 from Mecca Maxima*
     Mac Pigment Colour Powder in Tan - This pigment is beautiful, and I have not stopped using it since I got it a few weeks ago. It is a pinky-champaign shimmery loose pigment which goes with so many eye looks. 
*$39 from MAC in Myer*
     Mac Pro Long Wear Paint Pot in Painterly - All of Mac's Paint Pots are amazing. They are creamy and blend out seamlessly on the eyelid. They make eyeshadows glide on smoothly, not crease help eyeshadow last all day, all night and even all morning the morning after haha. They come in a range of shades for all different eye looks. 
*$35 from MAC in Myer*
     Nars ITA Kabuki Brush - This brush is a dream come true for all lovers of contouring (example: me). There are lots of dupes for this brush, but this will forever be my favourite. The handle is comfortable to hold and the bristles are made of goat hair so is super soft on the skin. It has a flat straight design to create strong defined cheek bones. 
*$74 from Mecca Maxima*
     Eyelure Katy Perry Lashes in Feline Fierce - These lashes have been my go-to pair when I create a smokey eye and even a smokey wing. They are beautiful, fluffy and don't look plastic-ey like some other lashes do. They wing out on the ends, very similar to the Ardell Natural 120s. 
*$14.99 from Priceline*



Miscellaneous

     Wella Professionals Luxeoil - I actually got this given to me by my hairdresser last month, and I have used it ever since. It is basically just an oil that you run through the ends of your hair. It is amazing and I highly recommend!
     Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb (50mL) - AHHHH I have been eyeing this perfume off since November and finally treated myself (holy yeezus it's expensive). It was sooooo worth every cent though. It smells beautiful. I got it in a set with a small shower gel and body lotion which are also lovely, however the set is only available around christmas time, but I got the last one hehe. Absolute favourite scent, and I also found out my beautiful Aunty wore it on her wedding day, which makes it special. 
*$163 for the set at Myer*
     Mario Badescu Skin Care Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater - Okay, anything with rosewater in it wins me over. This stuff has been a life saver this past couple of months as the weather has been so stinkin' hot here in Aus. I use this to freshen up my face while in out and about, as well as setting my makeup. I don't use it when I'm going out for a night out because Mac Fix+ does a better job at holding makeup, but this stuff is just so refreshing, I love it, and for the price..it's a bargain. 
*$9 ..yes $9 from Mecca Maxima*
     Philosophy Hope in a Jar - This moisturiser has worked wonders on my skin. It hydrates my skin without leaving an oily residue on the skin. It is perfect for when you get out the shower, and before you apply your makeup. You can also get a version for dry skin. 
*$45 from Mecca Maxima*
     Kate Somerville ExfoliKate (15mL) - First of all I only bought this because of the name haha. But I'm so so so glad I got it..as expensive as it is. I use it twice a week, and it leaves my skin soooo smooth and it only takes 2 minutes. It does help to draw out pimples from the skin, so I have had a few tiny breakouts, but nothing major. I just love this stuff! 
*$28 from Mecca Maxima*



So there you have it, my favourite makeup products and random products I've been using a lot of during February! 

Thank you all for reading x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment